Monday, June 10, 2013

This -n- That

This week I find myself working steadily, nose to the grindstone, and so I haven't come up with a decent post for the week. Such is life when you have a job, a young child, writing, and super awesome stories to read so you can vote for the Hugo Awards. Instead, I'd like to share a few links with you.

I have a guest post over on The Howling Turtle in which I reveal the sources of the stories that can be found in my short story collection The King of Ash and Bones, and Other Stories.

Here's an article by Django Wexler on the history of female warriors. This is a meaty article on the reality of women in combat.

Writing a police procedural? Here are 7 things your protagonist should not do.

And finally, if you're a writer and feeling a little down in the dumps about your writing, here's an inspirational post from Jodi Meadows to help pick you up.

No comments:

Post a Comment